By Jennifer Setek
The wondrous creature of Tik Tok has brought so many people together in different ways. From the shared love of a show, to the tasty creaturations made in the kitchen, Tik Tok has something for everyone to enjoy, and even some things to learn. One of the latest dishes from Tik Tok that has people freaking out is a simple and quick pasta recipe, using only a few simple ingredients. Every video posted explains how quick, easy, and delicious this recipe is, so of course I had to see for myself. To simply put it, this recipe certainly did not disappoint. It is a perfect dinner to make whenever you may be in a pinch, or what to try your hand at cooking for the first time, no matter what the situation may be, I suggest you give this a whirl.
This recipe is simply exquisite. The flavor is almost indescribable, from the strength of the feta to the tanginess from the tomatoes, and the dreamy creamy texture, it is too good to pass up.
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients…
- 7-8 ounce block of feta cheese (I ended up using crumbled feta, due to what they had available at the store, but it works just as well!)
- 1 ½ pounds of cherry or grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of white wine (I did not include this when I made this recipe, as it is optional)
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper fakes
- Sea salt and black pepper (the amount is as much or as little as you desire)
- 8 ounces of any pasta of your choice (I used elbow shaped chickpea pasta for some added protein)
- 3 large cloves of garlic (minced), or 1 tablespoon of pre minced garlic
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 cup chopped basil
- Optional shaved or grated parmesan cheese for topping
You may also add any other vegetables of your choosing, as well as meat if you’d like.
To actually make this pasta you should do the following…
- Heat your oven to 400 degree F
- Prep the “sauce”. Add your block of feta cheese to the center of a baking pan (preferably a 9×13 inch baking pan). Arrange the tomatoes around the feta block, then drizzle with the olive oil, and if you are using it, the white wine. Make sure you have coating everything evenly, you may have to toss this mixtures. Next sprinkle the crushed red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt and pepper, again making sure everything is seasoned well.
- Bake your mixture. Move your baking dish into the oven, and bake for 30 to 35, or whenever the tomatoes have burst and are juicy, and the feta looks golden.
- As your sauce mixture is baking, cook your pasta. Start cooking the pasta around 10 or so minutes before the tomatoes and feta are supposed to finish baking. Just follow the instructions on the pack of pasta that you have chosen. While cooking the pasta, save a 1 cup of pasta water, in case your sauce mixture turns out dry and needs more liquid.
- Add everything together. Now is the time you take out the sauce mixture, and add in your garlic and other seasonings if you would like (even though it truly is not necessary), and mix it all together. Now add in your spinach, basil (let them wilt a little bit), and pasta, as well as any other toppings you choose, and toss it all together. If the mixture seems dry, gradually add in the reserve pasta water until you feel it has reached your desired consistency.
Then voila you are done!
All in all this recipe was surprisingly simple, a baby could probably do it in all honesty. Just because this is a simple recipe, does not mean it was’t delicious though. The flavor shocked me with the exploration of taste! All the different elements of each individual ingredient mixed together created a perfect blend of flavors, that will leave your taste buds dancing! If that is not a good enough reason to make this pasta right away, then how about the fact the recipe takes a total of 45 minutes (give or take), and makes 4 servings. A fast meal for a family, or an easy recipe to use for meal prep!
I did not find any flaws with this recipe, mainly due to the fact that it is quite straightforward with little to actually mess up. I truly do not have anything to change or add to this recipe, it was made quite perfectly for anyone to make. You should definitely give this recipe a chance! There is a true reason it is such a huge trend.