Science Olympiad is a national science competition in which nearly 5,000 teams compete in 23 events relating to multiple areas of various scientific disciplines. Jamesville-DeWitt High School has its own team, well-known for excelling ahead of many other schools in the region.
The following questions were answered by Katelyn Price, an officer of Science Olympiad at J-DHS.
- Who are Science Olympiad’s officers?
The Science Olympiad’s officers are Katelyn Price, Aiden Usher, Gabe Bagatell, Karunmay Aggarwal And Sarah Kornfeld.
- What does Science Olympiad do?
We are a team that prepares various science and engineering related events for a regional competition against other schools at LeMoyne College.
- What kind of students would like to be involved in Science Olympiad?
Dedicated students who enjoy engineering, science and competitions!
- What are Science Olympiad’s goals for this next year?
Science Olympiad’s goal is to go to Nationals.
- Why do you think it’s important for students to get involved in Science Olympiad?
It’s a lot of fun!