Magic the Gathering is a tabletop and digital card game used across the nation. Jamesville-DeWitt High School students that enjoy playing Magic the Gathering have grouped together to form the Magic the Gathering Club.
The following questions were answered by Luke Henderson, Magic The Gathering Club’s only officer.
- What is Magic the Gathering Club’s mission statement?
Our mission statement is quite simple. We just want to make an inviting and fun group to play cards with.
- Who are Magic the Gathering Club’s officers?
So far I, Luke Henderson, am the only officer. I’ve been receiving help but I have yet to name anyone as an “officer”.
- What does Magic the Gathering Club do?
We play Magic the Gathering; a card game in which you play as a “Planeswalker” commanding your legion of monsters and using your spells to bring other players down.
- What kind of students would like to be involved in Magic the Gathering Club?
Anyone really. We aren’t strict at all with who wants to join. You can join and leave whenever you please.
- What are Magic the Gathering Club’s goals for this next year?
Our goal is quite simple. Keep the club alive. We aren’t here to change the world. We’re only here to have fun. So, to be honest, my first priority is finding a successor to run the club for when I head off to college.
- Who do you think it’s important that students get involved in Magic the Gathering Club?
I don’t exactly think it’s “important” for people to join. I found that there aren’t many people out there who play magic so I thought this club would not only help me find more people to play with, but also help those who are looking for players to play with as well.