After a summer full of iced fruity refreshers and teas, there’s nothing better than the transition into warm, spiced drinks from your local Starbucks. From the classic pumpkin spice latte to fun takes on classics like the apple crisp macchiato, there’s something for every fall lover out there. As a Starbucks connoisseur, the rank of drinks from my favorite season is something I have perfected over the years of enjoying fall to its best extent.
1. Iced Pumpkin Chai – This is the most perfect blend of sweet and warm flavors as well as being the most perfect pick-me-up after a long day of school. This drink can be made hot or iced, and either option has the perfect notes of sweetness and chai spice such as cinnamon and cloves.
2. Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew – For all the iced coffee lovers out there, this drink simply cannot be beaten. The pumpkin cream cold foam is so good I could order a cup of it simply on it’s own. The best part of this drink is not only the satisfying mix of coffee and foam, but also the sweet and subtle pumpkin spice flavors.
3. Pumpkin loaf – Personally, I think if you aren’t getting a snack when you go to Starbucks, you’re missing out. It’s so moist that you simply can’t resist. This pumpkin loaf is top tier compared to the other snacks in the case.
4. Apple Crisp Macchiato – As an avid caramel macchiato drinker, this drink had me surprised. The hint of apple is subtle, which for me, was the perfect amount. The flavors of brown sugar and cinnamon were simply perfect.
5. Owl Cake Pop – The classic cake pop is such a staple on this menu that you cannot go wrong with a fall spin on this favorite treat. The owl is cute and enjoyable to all.
6. Pumpkin Spice Latte – This drink is the most iconic on the Starbucks menu this time of year. However, I have never been a huge fan. It’s heavy on the spice, and overall just not my favorite.
7. Pumpkin Scone – I first tried this scone and had high hopes. The idea is all there, however the execution is where it fell flat. The flavors were not terrible, but the icing on the top was rock hard which made me want to have just the bottom part alone. Needless to say that the other snack options on this fall menu are more worth your buck.