As people take a breath after AP tests, Regents are fast approaching, waiting to creep in. And while us high school students are preparing to suffer, middle and elementary school kids are facing a different battle: New York State Tests.
To many of us, the New York State Test would be a breeze. And given that they and the Regents are both state mandated standardized tests, I beg the question: why are we forced to take regents, when we could take NYS Tests instead?
While that may seem counterproductive, I give you a list of reasons as to why we should get to choose the standardized test we take.
- A grade is a grade. No matter what, you’ll end up with a score.
- We don’t want to grow up.
- A goat is a goat.
- 4th graders have more fun.
- 6th graders have less fun.
- It’s actually probably a good review for our regents.
- Nobody uses number 2 pencils anymore.
- You get a lollipop.
- The most important one of all, snacktime. Yams, specifically.